Fairy Meadow SLSC

FM Logo1

Fairy Meadow Surf Life Saving Club was founded in 1950 by a group of local residents, to safe guard the people of Fairy Meadow and the Balgownie areas, that swum at our beach.

The members, walked each Sunday to North Wollongong beach to borrow a surf reel and take it back again in the evening. Their first surfboat was an old Clinker built double-ended boat also acquired from North Wollongong Club.